Thursday 19 November 2015

DIWALI - Festival of Lights

Diwali is a festival of lights.
It is a religious festival of Hindus. It is usually celebrated in India. It is celebrated because on this day lord Rama came back to his kingdom after wining over the devil, Ravana.


This year I celebrated Diwali with Indian community in Colomiers. There was a Diwali celebration in Rajpoot restaurant on 11th November. I went there with my family after lighting candles at my home.

First of all we did prayer of goddess Lakshmi. 

Then there were 4 dance performances by the children. I also participated in that. After that we had snacks and dinner.


I played with my friends there. Then we enjoyed fireworks also.
It was a memorable Diwali.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about Diwali, Shriya! You did lots - a dance too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes it was good

    ReplyDelete